Caring for the next generation
Denver spoke. We listened. The earlier and more resources we can provide Denver’s youth, the less crisis and need for costly services later in life.
Address mental health and substance misuse issues early.
Right now, resources are limited. By creating more opportunities that tackle problems at the source, youth are more likely to avoid downstream problems later in life, like justice involvement.
Improve resilience to life stresses and pressures.
Unsurprisingly, today’s youth face a lot of life pressures and stresses. For many, that leads to anxiety and depression, and for some, more severe mental health concerns. This can impact success and school, or lead to negative coping strategies like substance misuse, self-harm, and involvement in criminal behaviors.
Increase awareness of and participation in well-being and help-seeking, particularly for youth allies.
Parents, caregivers, schools, and others are critical allies for Denver’s youth. We must help these allies better recognize, address, and talk about mental health and stress—just like we do with physical health.
As of March 15, 2021, Caring for Denver has approved 47 grants totaling nearly $10 million to community-based nonprofit organizations in the Youth priority area.
Grants will to provide earlier and more resources to reduce crisis and increase resilience for Denver youth coping with life stressors.
With this investment in Denver youth, Caring for Denver aims to reduce youth harm to self and others through addressing trauma, mental health, and substance misuse; increase youth ability to demonstrate healthy resilience for coping with challenges and stresses in life; and increase awareness and involvement by family and allies in ways that help youth address trauma, mental health, and substance misuse.
- Adoption Options
- Apprentice of Peace Youth Organization
- Art from Ashes
- Boys & Girls Clubs Metro Denver
- Casa Milagro Youth Solutions
- Centus Counseling, Consulting & Education
- Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation
- Clayton Early Learning
- Creative Strategies for Change
- Denver Children’s Home
- Denver Health Foundation
- Denver Rescue Mission
- Denver’s Early Childhood Council
- Developmental FX
- Dream Center Denver
- From the Heart Enterprises
- Girls Inc. of Metro Denver
- Jewish Family Service of Colorado
- Judi’s House/JAG Institute
- Launch Network
- Lincoln Hills Cares
- Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains
- Make A Chess Move
- Mental Health Center of Denver
- Mile High 360
- Muslim Youth for Positive Impact
- Project PAVE
- Project VOYCE
- Queer Asterisk
- Rise Above Colorado
- The ROCK Center
- Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network
- Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation
- Second Wind Fund
- The Spring Institute
- Star Girlz Empowerment
- Struggle of Love Foundation
- Sun Valley Youth Center
- Tennyson Center for Children
- Thriving Families
- Vuela for Health
- Warren Village
- Women’s Wilderness
- Words To Power
- Youth On Record