Our Grant Process
We open one funding area at a time to create impact that improves systems. Below you’ll find the process, requirements, and instructions for starting an application.
Calls for proposal dates & due dates
Alternatives to Jail
Call for proposals release
Application due date
Proposal submissions are now closed
(All applicants will be notified of their status in late March 2024)
Proposal submissions are now closed.
(All applicants were notified of their status in November 2023)
Our Funding Areas
- Applicant seekers must be located and/or offer services in Denver and to Denver residents
- Nonprofit organizations designated by the IRS as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), or under other sections of the code or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity
- Faith-based organizations designated by the IRS as tax-exempt nonprofit organizations, if all Foundation grant funds are used for non-religious purposes
- Any Indian or Native American entity
- Government-supported entities, including schools, museums or libraries, and City and County of Denver agencies
We do not fund:
- Grants to individuals, for-profit organizations, or private foundations
- Annual appeals, membership drives, underwriting, or fundraising events
- Fellowships or scholarships
- Debt reduction
- Partisan causes
- Programs that require participation or membership in a certain religion or seek to advance a particular religious faith or belief
How to Apply
See what we’re funding
Review the general criteria, our current Call for Proposals, and specific funding area requirements to see if you’re eligible.
Gather application resources
Visit our Resources page to see what documents you’ll need to apply and register in our Grants Portal by the registration date listed in the current Call for Proposals.
Submit your application
Complete your application online. We may contact you for additional information, documents, or to schedule a site visit before making a final decision.
Need a little more detail? Visit our FAQ page for some commonly asked questions.
Grants and Operations Manager
Still have questions? Feeling stuck? Don’t hesitate to reach out.