Current Focus Area: Community-Centered Solutions & Care Provision
As we continue our work, we plan to open one funding area at a time with the release of new Calls for Proposals. The tentative schedule for release of each Call for Proposals is as follows:
- Call for Proposals release for Community-Centered Solutions & Care Provision: August 2021
- Deadline for applications was September 2.
- All applicants will be notified of their status in late November.
- Call for Proposals release for Alternatives to Jail: May 2021
- Deadline for applications was June 10.
- All applicants will be notified of their status in August.
- Call for Proposals release for Youth: November 2021
The release dates for each call for proposal is subject to change. Additional Calls for Proposals for current focus areas will be determined by factors including application volume, need, and community input.
Overview: Getting to Outcomes
Community-Centered Solutions & Care Provision will support innovative community-based mental health and/or substance misuse supports which prioritize access, cultural relevance, collaboration with community, and/or address the stigma that discourages those in need from seeking needed support. In addition, funding will support mental health, trauma, or substance misuse services which increase trusted and accessible care that fits Denverites’ needs.
Through our investments:
- More Denverites have trusted, accessible care that fits their specific mental health and/or substance misuse needs
- Increased connections and collaborations that deepen a community’s ability to grow and sustain its mental health/substance misuse supports
- Providers have what they need to provide high-quality mental health and substance misuse services and programs
Applicant seekers must be located and/or offer services in Denver and to Denver residents. Please see our grant guidelines for more detail in the FAQ.
Applicants can be any nonprofit organization designated by the IRS as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), or under other sections of the code or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity. Faith-based organizations are eligible to apply so long as they are designated by the IRS as a tax-exempt nonprofit organization and all Foundation grant funds are used for non-religious purposes. Applicants may also be any Indian or Native American entity. Government-supported entities, including schools, museums or libraries, as well as City and County of Denver agencies.
Caring for Denver Foundation will not fund:
- Grants to individuals, for-profit organizations or private foundations
- Annual appeals, membership drives, underwriting or fundraising events
- Fellowships or scholarships
- Debt reduction
- Partisan causes
- Programs that require membership in a certain religion or seek to advance a particular religious faith or belief
Grant requests for the following are generally not supported at this time:
- General operating costs
- Facilities projects
- Program-related investments
We will not make grants to organizations that practice discrimination of any kind.
We will not make grants to, participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of, in support of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.
Our founding ordinance prohibits us from using our grant dollars to supplant existing funds. Grant recipients may not replace existing federal, state, city or other local agency funds with funds from Caring for Denver. However, our funds may be used to supplement existing funds to replicate or expand the scope of an existing program or project.
More to Explore
Learn more about our Focus Areas prioritized by the Denver community.
Familiarize yourself with important dates, deadlines, and requirements before you apply for a grant.
We’ve compiled a list of answers to common questions to equip you to more confidently apply.
We request applicants submit electronic grant applications through our Grants Portal. We provide some resources to help you on your way.