Get to Know Us!
Review Our Current Focus Area
Familiarize yourself with what we’re currently funding as identified by Denver residents, and review the current Call for Proposals.
Register your organization
If you’re eligible, register in our Grants Portal You must complete your registration at least five (5) days before the current Call for Proposals application deadline in order to be eligible for a grant.
Submit online Application
To apply for a grant under the current funding priority, complete an online application. You’ll be asked to provide information about your organization, proposal and budget. You can start your application by signing in to the Grants Portal.
Provide more info
You may be contacted if we wish to request additional information and/or documents. Just log back in if prompted by email.
Participate in a site visit (if requested)
You may be contacted to schedule a site visit with a member of our team.
Receive a decision!
We’ll contact you to let you know a final decision.
During our Community-Centered Solutions grantmaking cycle, we solicited feedback from applicants and those reviewing applications. As a result of this feedback, we have removed, added, and combined some questions. We also improved our instructions. We hope this improved application is more streamlined and easier to navigate.
Caring for Denver Foundation uses a Grants Portal that makes it easy to register for an account, submit an application online, check application status, and access submitted applications. Proposals must be received by 7:00 p.m. (MT) on the deadline date. The deadline for each new funding opportunity will be posted with the Call for Proposals for that opportunity. We cannot accept new submissions past the deadline. However, we will review applications for completeness and will contact you to let you know if we think something is missing and provide a time frame to get us that information.
We request applicants submit electronic grant applications through our Grants Portal. The online grant application will guide you through the submission process. To see what the application looks like ahead of applying, review the Word version of our standard application here. If you cannot complete your application online, please contact us at 720.647.6375 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternate submission.
After submitting your application, you may be contacted to submit additional information and documents. That potential information is listed on the Word application mentioned above.
How to Submit an Online Application
Register for an Account
- To create a new account, visit our login page and click “Create an account now.”
- Once you’ve completed the required information on your organization, click ‘Submit Request.’
- You will receive an email notification from us within two business days with your login info. Use your login info to access our Grants Portal.
If you have already created an account, click here to log in and access your application.
If you have set up an account and forget your username and/or password, click on ‘Reset’ or ‘Create password’ here. Then enter your email, click ‘Submit’ and you will receive an email notification with login info.
See our Grants Portal FAQs for more information. If you have more specific questions, you might find the answers there.
Start Your Application
Once you have an account (see above):
- Log in to the Grants Portal.
- Read the guide that appears on the home screen.
- Click on the Apply for Funding section on the left side of the screen.
- Read the text and when you are ready, click the Start a Proposal button.
- You will now be in your draft proposal and can start completing the information.
- Click the save button to save your draft. Your started application will now be in the Pending Requests section on the left side of the screen. Just click there to find your draft applications and continue completing them.
- When you are ready to submit, be sure to save your application then click the Submit button.
- Review the FAQs and Call for Proposals before starting your application.
- Visit the Resources page for instructional videos and documents to help you on your way.
- Gather all the attachments you will need to upload in advance, complete the Line-item Budget Form and check your application for completeness before you save and submit. You can save your work, log out and log back in at any point.
- The Grants Portal may work best using a Chrome browser, but will work with most browsers.
- The Grants Portal does not autosave. Save often so you don’t lose your work. The Save button is in the lower right-hand corner of your application. You can retrieve your saved application later when you log back in the portal in the “Pending Requests” section.
- Because the Grants Portal does not autosave and you may lose your work if you don’t save, some applicants choose to compose their responses in Word then copy and paste them into the Grants Portal. Try using the Word application for this purpose.
- Print your application at any point by first saving your application, then clicking on the printer icon – it’s at the top right of your application.