Get to Know Us!
Review Our Current Focus Area
Familiarize yourself with what we’re currently funding as identified by Denver residents, and review the current Call for Proposals.
Register your organization
If you’re eligible, register in our Grants Portal You must complete your registration at least five (5) days before the current Call for Proposals application deadline in order to be eligible for a grant.
Submit online Application
Provide more info
You may be contacted if we wish to request additional information and documents. Just log back in if prompted by email.
Receive a Decision!
During our Alternatives to Jail grantmaking cycle, we solicited feedback from applicants and those reviewing applications. As a result of this feedback, we have removed, added, and combined some questions. We also improved our instructions and document templates and samples. We hope this improved application is more streamlined and easier to navigate.
Caring for Denver Foundation uses a Grants Portal that makes it easy to register for an account, submit an application online, check application status, and access submitted applications. Proposals must be received by 7 p.m. (MDT) on the deadline date. The deadline for each new funding opportunity will be posted with the Call for Proposals for that opportunity. We cannot accept new submissions past the deadline. However, we will review applications for completeness and will contact you to let you know if we think something is missing and provide a timeframe to get us that information.
We request applicants submit electronic grant applications through our Grants Portal. The online grant application will guide you through the submission process. To see what the application looks like ahead of applying, review the Word document of our standard application here. If you cannot complete your application online, please contact us at 720.647.6375 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternate submission.
After submitting your application, you may be contacted to submit additional information and documents. That potential information is listed on the Word application mentioned above.
How to Submit an Online Application
Creating a new account
- To create a new account, visit our login page and click “Create an account now.”
- Once you’ve completed the required information on your organization, click ‘Submit Request.’
- You will receive an email notification from us within two business days with your login info. Use your login info to access our Grants Portal.
If you have already created an account, click here to log in and access your application.
If you have set up an account and forget your username and/or password, click on ‘Reset’ or ‘Create password’ here. Then enter your email, click ‘Submit’ and you will receive an email notification with login info.
- Please review the FAQs and Call for Proposals before starting your application.
- Gather all the attachments you will need to upload in advance, complete the Line-item Budget Form and check your application for completeness before you save and submit. You can save your work, log out and log back in at any point.
- The Grants Portal may work best using a Chrome browser, but will work with most browsers.
- The Grants Portal does not autosave. Save often so you don’t lose your work. The Save button is in the lower right-hand corner of your application. You can retrieve your saved application later when you log back in the portal in the “Pending Requests” section.
- Because the Grants Portal does not autosave and you may lose your work if you don’t save, we recommend composing your responses in Word then copying and pasting them into the Grants Portal. Try using the Word application for this purpose.
- Print your application at any point by first saving your application, then clicking on the printer icon – it’s at the top right of your application.